Monday, February 2, 2009

Elder Larsen-Email Excerpt

I’ve biked hills way harder then El Camino Real, but I don't do a whole lot of biking in this area mostly because my headlight and rear reflector broke. I also have another reason not to bike. I didn't mention it earlier because I didn't want to worry y’all. A couple of weeks ago I passed out, and woke up on the ground with a sore nose. I have been getting headaches, and I have been really tired. I was worried I had a brain tumor, but nope I have asthma. Well the doctor thinks it is asthma. I don't get enough air when I breathe. I went to the doctor, and he had me breathe into a machine that calculated things like air volume, muscle strength, and how much air I get in, as opposed to how much air I get out. On Thursday I’ll do the Methacholine bronchial provocation test which goes as follows: There is a chemical that will give anyone an asthma attack. They will dilute it with saline solution, and give me different doses. If I react at a lower does than a normal person would, then it is official, I have asthma. As of right now, I just have a respiratory problem.

Oh, and I also have an intestinal parasite that I most likely got in my last area because the doctor who was treating me got the same parasite. Don't drink well water in the hills. LOL…ha, ha, ha, good times! Currently, I also caught a virus that’s going around, and I can't talk without a stabbing, horrible pain in my throat, which is probably not good for my already reduced respiratory function. LOL…I’m loving life. =] It’s not every day you get a friend that hangs out in your intestine. I think I’ll name him Steve. That’s short for Stevie Wonder because I wonder whose well I got it from. LOL.