Monday, December 22, 2008

Elder Isaac Larsen—Email excerpt

I had an experience with following the spirit. It was getting late. It was around 8:00pm, an hour before curfew. Virginia Wall, a less active member, came to my mind, but instead of going to her house I thought about how little success I’ve had with less active members. Though honestly I had mostly only dealt with her non-member husband. Instead of visiting the Wall family, we went to visit an investigator that wasn’t home, and then some potential investigators who also were not home. Then her name came to my mind again, so we went by her home. When she came to the door she looked both touched and surprised. She was very ill, and was almost ready to drive to the hospital. Her member ex-husband was not available to give her a blessing. She prayed and then we showed up. Afterwards she said, "I’m coming to church on Sunday. Where is it?" She even said she would bear her testimony on Fast Sunday.

I have learned that miracles are not wrought just by faith, but also by faithfulness in following the promptings of the Holy Ghost.