Monday, October 27, 2008

Elder Isaac Larsen – Email Excerpt

We delivered a Book of Mormon the other day that a lady had ordered. The lady wasn't in a position to talk with us. She was fixing her hair, or something silly like that. However, we talked to her husband who didn't know anything about her ordering the book. We taught him a mini lesson just on the Book of Mormon, and he committed to reading and praying about it. When I read Moroni 10:3-5 he said, "Wow that’s powerful!" He was 66 years old and Baptist, but he was prepared to hear about the Book of Mormon! Next time we go I’m definitely giving him a baptismal date and he will accept it.

I’ve experienced something very interesting lately. The spirit prompted me to say something I had never learned. Later I found it in the scriptures when I was studying. That was an interesting experience, and I’m really starting to enjoy studying. I’ve been out almost 5 months, but I’m just starting to really enjoy it. LOL.

I started reading Jesus the Christ before my mission. I couldn't get into it. Now I can't put it down, and somehow the vocabulary is not an obstacle. I understand it! The Lord has blessed me. I had been praying that I would have my understanding expanded and my mind enlightened. Although when I prayed, the words I used were, “Help me to be smarter,” but it’s the same thing essentially.

I love the lord with all of my heart!