Wednesday, October 8, 2008

I Loved Conference!

I loved General Conference. I’m so happy that I had the forethought to get a little notebook to take notes in. My favorite talks were:
Elder Uchtdorf: The Lord is the light that pierces through the darkness.
Elder Wirthlin: Learn to Laugh
*Elder Holland: Angels seen or unseen are usually sent to comfort and direct us.
Elder Christofferson: Give up the summer cottage in Babylon.
Elder Bednar: Meaningful prayers
Elder Iring: Speak well of each other
Elder Hales: Meekness is enduring injury without resentment
*Elaine S. Dalton: Return to virtue
President Monson: Find joy in the journey and express gratitude always
William D. Oswald (2nd councilor of the Sunday School General Presidency): Teaching is at the center of all we do.
Elder Cook: “I hope you know, I had a hard time.” We are all subject to hope and despair.
I didn’t take notes on the Relief Society broadcast because I forgot to bring anything to write on.

We did no tracking last week, and we got three new investigators. The Zone had a blitz in our area between Saturday conferences, and we got one investigator from that. We got two yesterday by having miracle timing, but they’re from Iraq. I don’t know how many the first presidency approves, but I hear not many. If it endangers the investigator’s life, we’re not allowed to baptize them.