Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Email Excerpts from Sister Larsen

My Companion’s 22nd birthday was on the 12th of August.

Tracting is where you get mission stories. Yesterday at the end of the night, but while it was still light, we were standing at a door waiting for someone to come. A nice, middle-aged 40-something lady came to the door. I don’t think we had really even said anything when she had said, “Oh hi, come on in.” I was shocked, to say the least, because I had noticed a window sticker about a Catholic Pope. My companion hadn’t seen the sticker, and while walking inside asked if she was a member. She wasn’t, she was Catholic. The lady then told us, that about two weeks, ago her priest had spoken about how he had invited a couple of people inside a home he was staying at to learn more about their religion. She was following her priest’s example. So we talked about our religion, and we learned more about Catholics. She fed us cheese, crackers, and fruit while she was fixed her and her husband’s dinner. Her husband came home five minutes after we came in. He had been out jogging. So we ate and they ate. We talked, and left them some things to read. But they’re not investigators.

I have sore shoulder muscles on my right side. When I was going down the Van Luvan’s basement steps for my exercise Tuesday morning, my socks slipped on the carpeted step. I ended up just sitting down with my hand still on the basement doorknob. I had to go put Aspercreme on it because it hurt when I tried to use those muscles, but I’m better now.