Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Transfer Day Tomorrow

I don’t know, and won’t know what happens with target lady because I’m moving to a different Zone, Oakton Stake. I’ll be in Franklin Ward, and I‘ll get my new companion tomorrow. My MTC companion, Sister Hickey, has to go home for medical reasons, and I’m going to her area that she just left, with her trainer as my breaker, who was trained by my trainer. My new area will be more like what Isaac has and I’ll not have language study hour anymore. Right now my schedule is:
6:30-7:00am Exercise…7-8 Shower/breakfast/get ready…8-9 Personal study…9-10 Companion study…10-11 Language study…11-12 Lunch/get ready to leave…12-4 Missionary work…4-5 Dinner…5-9 Missionary work…9-9:30 Planning for next day…10:30pm In bed ready to sleep.

I went on two missionary exchanges this month. One on Friday/Saturday in the Stake I’m going to next, and the other on Monday/Tuesday with one of my roommates. My roommate, Sister Battsetseg, is quiet and her heart was acting up on her when we were on exchanges. On Sunday we taught two lessons in members homes, and we got out concerns from our investigators. On one we took a young mother, and on the other we took a recent RM from the Philippians to speak Tagalog for us. Sister Parry in Fair Oaks has one transfer left and she’s super great. She can talk with anyone and makes good cookies.

Oh, and in the stake I’m leaving, they added a new ward and rearranged the boundaries to even people out. The wards are Great Falls, McLean 1st & 2nd, Falls Church, Arlington 1st & 2nd, Langley (YSA), and Bella Vista (Spanish). There used to be only one Arlington Ward.

Yo se que el libro de Mormon es de dios.

I have a couple of sentences on cards that I’ve memorized so that I can give them a Spanish Book of Mormon pass-a-long card. I’ve only used that last one once. It was on Monday.

Do you know what an Aggressive Asian Tiger Mosquito* is? Well, they have stripes and are out all day long, and they cause bigger bite reactions.

*Asian Tiger Mosquito
First found in the United States in Harris Co., Texas, in 1985, the Asian Tiger Mosquito (Aedes albopictus) is now present in more than thirty states. In the Northeast, it has been reported from York County, Pennsylvania to Cumberland, Salem, and Monmouth counties in New Jersey. Most alarming is that the Asian tiger mosquito has demonstrated the ability to survive in states as far north as Minnesota and Delaware. Unlike many other breeds, the Asian Tiger Mosquito is an aggressive day-biter and is most active from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. It breeds in artificial containers such as tires, flowerpots and rain gutters. It does not travel far from its breeding habitat. The aedes albopictus eggs can survive very cold winters. As a result the Asian Tiger Mosquito has great potential to carry diseases into a substantial portion of the United States.

Sources: AMCA Newsletter, Aug. 1990, Wing Beats. Novak, Robert. "The Asian Tiger Mosquito, Aedes albopictus." 1992. Vol. 3www.cdc.gov
http://www.mosquitomagnetdepot.com/info/asiantiger.html