Wednesday, August 13, 2008

New Area – Email from Sister Larsen

In my new area I gained an hour of P-day with no Language Study. I live in our Ward Mission Leader’s home, the Van Luvans. They converted when they were married. They can’t have kids but they have a beagle named Lucy that they spoil and love. Brother Van Luvan works at Saveway in some office position, and Sister Van Luvan works with computers; that’s what I can remember. He said he would print out your letters for me so that I don’t have to pay for them, and he can do pictures (resize them for me and print them). So don’t be afraid to send them by email.

My new companion’s name is Sister Keil. She’s from Orem, UT, one of four kids, and she has a brother whose about to go on a mission to Macon, Georgia. My last Companion had a brother serving in the Taiwan Mission, and she was my current companion’s trainer too. My area is bigger and I’m doing more tracking then before because we don’t have anywhere to street contact. The population is more spread out then in the city.

And, have you heard? Elise Johnson is in my Ward; Sister Keil had a member visit already set up before I got to the area. When I saw her on Sunday she came up to Sister Keil to talk about when our visit was. I waited for a pause and said, “Are you my cousin?” There was a pause/stare and I thought. “Oh great, she’s not.” But she was. And I call her Sister Johnson. She recently had a baby girl who they named Ashley. (Elise Johnson’s mom and Sister Larsen’s dad are brother and sister.)

Sister Hickey is back home in Wyoming and still being diagnosed. We get updates from the Van Luvans because they talk to her parents. Whatever her illness was caused by it wasn’t environmental because she still has it in Wyoming.