Thursday, July 3, 2008

Elder Isaac Larsen Has Arrived in North Carolina!

Downtown Marion, NC

Park in Marion, NC
Elder Isaac Larsen is serving in the Marion Ward of the Ashville, North Carolina Stake. He and his companion, Elder Merrill, live with the second counselor of the ward. They are on bikes and in a car. Elder Larsen writes, “We use the car to drive to a farther part of our area and bike around, so I’m a biker. My legs hurt because Marion is covered in nothing but steep rolling hills and rough dirt roads. There were some super fun mountain biking moments that were pretty much just awesome. The good thing about being on a bike is that we cover more area than walking, but talk to more people than riding in the car. My first day we had 25 I.T.Ls (invitations to learn), and that made about 75 for the week. It’s great here. I love it! There are challenges. Some people don't like us, and we get chased by big scary dogs on our bikes, but I know as long as I keep the mission rules I will be safe.”