Wednesday, July 16, 2008

July 16, 2008 – Email from Sister Larsen

In 1 Nephi 1:8, Nephi is describing a dream his father has had, and it describes God as being surrounded on numberless concourses of angels. He is usually described like this. We are taught that we were with him before we came to this earth. So in the margin I put 'surrounded by his children'. His children are always in his presence before we come to earth and he wants us to always be round him. He wants us to talk and be helped by him and Jesus Christ. We are 'his work and his glory'. All the energy he uses is for us. He is the greatest example of being a dad.

I’m working on being able to pronounce, or memorizing Moroni 10:5 in Swahili. We have a family from Rwanda that’s Seventh-day Adventist. Her grandfather was a Seventh-day Adventist Preacher. So religion is part of their family. If you have any tips on pronouncing Swahili, I would not be adverse to it. :)

My MTC district Sisters say I’ve changed the most, because I’m really coming out of my shell to them. I really do talk to more people now then any time in my life.

I've been doing well, no homesickness, never once, even in the MTC. I only ever really think about Isaac, and thinking I wish my release date was closer to his. Already knowing I'm going to dearly miss being on my mission.