Wednesday, July 23, 2008

July 23, 2008-Letter from Sister Larsen




I get to go the DC temple to day! :)

I learned how to pronounce Moroni 10:5 in Swahili from our investigator’s non-member aunt, which totally started a gospel conversation. Her aunt had been a missionary in Rwanda, so she knew her stuff. But she taught in French, so she didn’t have all her words. Roho Mtakatifu is the holy ghost/spirit.

Oh, and I sang the primary song, “We’ll Bring the World His Truth”, that army of Helaman song, in Sacrament Meeting on Sunday, my companion played the piano. I made sure I had the song memorized. The first week I got there I asked the music person if we could do that. I did that because one of my MTC teachers said that you can’t always get to know everyone in the ward (in that you need to gain the trust of the members of the ward) so try to get them to know you, and singing in sacrament meeting was one of his examples. We have close to 400 people at church on Sundays. It’s really transient; internships, government training, and school. There is no way I could get to know everyone. So I went waaaaaaaay out of my comfort zone for the good of the work. Man I was shaking after wards but I got through it without any major mess-ups. :)