Monday, July 28, 2008

July 28, 2008-Letter excerpts from Elder Larsen


...........Poison Ivy..............Poison Oak........Poison Sumac
Here, when they find out you’re LDS, they just leave, that moment, very abruptly. LOL. In Marion, where I’m assigned, there is only one ward of 150 or so active members, and 95% of them are converts. This area is exciting! My area spans 2 counties, Mitchell and McDowell. There are no big cities, all small towns (very small), but we are doing good work. We bike mostly where we live. It’s so far from town that we use all our miles getting there, and then we get on our bikes to ride around town, and this is a "full car" area. (Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!) Anyways, I love it. I’ll be able to do the Tour de France when I’m done. There are more hills than you can comprehend. I’m a little surprised when I don't see a hill, but I peddle up and down them all. It’s like living at scout camp. I swam through poison ivy, poison oak, and poison sumac today. Thankfully I’m not allergic apparently; LOL, but I might be next year. It comes and goes from what people say.

Feed the missionaries in Oceanside. I’d like to challenge you to go out with the missionaries, and use your conversion story to help others. Most of the few active members are converts, and their conversion stories help to bring people to Christ’s restored gospel. The story you have is more valuable then you know.

I am learning a lot out here, but this I do know, the more we testify the more the Lord will bless us with his Spirit, and with his Spirit there is nothing that we cannot do!

Send me some letters in the post. I need something to read when it’s not p-day. I can only read email on p-day. And send cookies! =]