Monday, July 21, 2008

July 21, 2008-Email from Elder Larsen

I’m in a super small town. Well, towns in my area that are only covered by my companion and me span two counties, McDowell and Mitchell. Look them up on a map or something. The funny thing about a small town is that it’s usually geographically larger. It’s just everything is spread out so we ride our bikes a lot. I’m getting in pretty good shape, especially after biking Spruce Pine. In that town there is only one hill that the entire town seems to be built on, but I rode it all in first gear. LOL

My bike is pretty terrific. I mean it ought to be if I spent $450 on it, and it is. When I get back, Ian and I are going to race. Oh yeah, remember how I said I was 160lbs. I’m still 160lbs., but I’m losing all the excess. So I guess it’s my new weight, and I’m taller. My last two companions were 5'6 and I was taller then both of them, so I’m now anywhere between 5'7 and 5'8. That’s pretty exciting, eh? Your brother’s a giant. I’m also getting pretty tan/burnt from being in the sun all day.

I’m loving it here, and to answer Paige’s question in the email, “Yes I do use my camelback a lot because I’m biking most everywhere. I don't drive ever. Only the senior companions do. That way they only insure half the missionaries. So I’ll drive when I’m about nine months out. My comp is from Arizona, and they passed some law there so his driver’s license expires in 2054. Wild, huh? Anyways, there is a terrible drought here, and peoples’ wells are drying up. So pray for rain.